Friday, June 26, 2015

ROADTRIP

I'm back in the AK - I missed this beautiful state!

Today was such a beautiful (albeit, rainy) day that Mom, Anne, and I decided to go antiquing in Wasilla. Wasilla is this ghetto, run-down city where all the hillbillies go for a good time - but it has its perks! It's home to some funny little antique shops and boutiques, which are very Alaskan but also super cute!

Because it was drizzly, I decided to wear my Hunter boots. Any day where you get to wear Hunters is a good day!


Don't ask me why my knees look so weird, because I can't tell you.

I was driving, and let me tell you, Wasilla is crazy! I was having heart attacks all over the place. Also, I almost flipped the car onto its side. Its the type of place where shops go out of business really fast, too, so Siri kept leading us to these creepy abandoned buildings, where only the ghosts of thrift stores past were left.

At one point we were driving to our next shop, and Siri said, "In 200 feet, arrived at Wasilla." We were super confused, but when I checked the address we had put in, it just said 'Wasilla, AK'. On the right was a 'Welcome to Wasilla' sign! Tears were streaming. It was SO funny, but looking back I guess you had to be there, because I'm not making it sound funny at all. :(

Anyway, my favorite shop was called Alaskan Picker, which gives you a little idea of what Wasilla is like. But it was full of adorable antiques for good prices!







Cute, huh? We bought some black licorice at a cute little cooking supply store:


Hand model creds: Anne. Also, I found some black booties for super cheap, which I'm sure I'll make good use of! I've wanted a pair for soooo long, but I never wanted to spend the money - HOORAY for thrift stores!!!



Annnnnnd a selfie:


It was a quaint, good day. What are your favorite day-trips??

Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment